Start Point : Dehradun End Point : Dehradun
Day 01: Reach Dehradun.
Day 02: Dehradun-Yamunotri.
Day 03: Yamunotri-Gangotri.
Day 04: Gangotri-Kedarnath-Sersi/Phata.
Day 05: Sersi/Phata-Badrinath.
Day 06: Badrinath-Dehradun.
2022 Opening / Closing Dates of Char Dham
- Badrinath Open Date : 08 May 2022 at 6:15 AM
- Badrinath Close Date : Nov 2022
- Kedarnath Open Date : 06 May 2022 at 6:25 AM
- Kedarnath Close Date : 26 Oct 2022
- Gangotri Open Date : 03 May 2022
- Gangotri Close Date : 25 Oct 2022
- Yamunotri Open Date : 03 May 2022
- Yamunotri Close Date : 26 Oct 2022
Note: The Chardham Yatra destinations are accessible only for six months (May to October) throughout the year. The region becomes inaccessible during the other half of the part of the year due to snowfall. Trekveda Advise and request all its guests that please do not to hurt the religious sentiments of the people or litter the waste in such remote and scenic locations. Below are happy to list
Important Expert Travel Tips for Chardham:-
- While visiting Hindu mythological sites, shrines and temples, one should remove shoes and cover head with a piece of cloth before entering the Holy Place.
- Do carry your personal daily use products toiletries, creams, moisturizers, sunscreen etc.
- Pack a medical kit with painkillers, antibiotics, cough lozenges, Antiseptic cream, Iodine, tube-squeeze cream and medicines for cold and fever. Carry your routine medicines, as you might find only limited and general medicine at such remote locations.
- Carry dark chocolates, dry fruits, Glucose (Glucon D), toffees. They will provide your instant energy during the trekking and during long jams.
- It can rain anytime here, so it is mandatory to carry an umbrella and raincoat along with your rain shoes.
- To protect yourself from the cold winds here, carry a windcheater, woolen socks, monkey caps and a muffler. These will enable you to withstand the chill that comes with wind on the upper Himalayan region.
- When asking for directions, speak to shopkeepers, not pedestrians. Check with at least two persons or more.
- Do not take pictures if cameras are not allowed in any particular area. Do not play with the sentiments of any particular religion.
- At least a month before the Yatra, it is advisable to start preparatory exercises for the trip 4 months in advance.
- Though self-managed tours happen to be economical, it is advisable for your Chardham yatra to go for a guided tour arranged by an expert local travel agent.
- Carry extra batteries and films for your camera, as electricity is not regular in such remote places.
- Avoid traveling in the rainy season as there are a lot of landslides during that time.
- Book your trip well in advance if you are travelling close to the temple opening dates, there is a heavy rush of pilgrims.
- Alcohol or non-vegetarian food is not permitted during Char Dham Yatra Tour.
- Drink packaged water or boiled water only.
- Accommodation Expectation: The provided hotels are of a standard Category unless you have booked Deluxe / Luxury package. Expect Basic Home stay / Guest houses in Kedarnath.
- Meals Exceptions: We provided Breakfast and Dinner to our guests it will be basic Indian vegetarian meals (We do not offer any meals in Kedarnath)
- From Sonprayag to Gaurikund our vehicles are not allowed and hence one has to go with Union Taxi by paying 40-50 Rupee Person one way.
- Be prepared for changes in itinerary
- Do not fall victim of fraud travel agents
- Do not negotiate hard with your travel agents as it may hamper your service quality, as the offered prices are prepared keeping in mind quality of services.
Clothing during Char Dham Yatra
- Summers (May, June, July, August)- Moderate Woolens.
- Winters (April, September, October, November)- Heavy Woolens.
Medical Emergency Number
In case of any serious medical emergency, call 108 (The Mobile emergency service from Government of Uttarakhand). Don't make fake calls, as it is punishable offence.
Train Connectivity: Rishikesh, Haridwar and Dehradun are well connected to major cities of India by Railway Network.
Air Connectivity: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun. Helicopter service to Kedarnath and Badrinath is available from Delhi, Dehradun, Phata, Augustmuni and Gauchar near Rudraprayag and Jollygrant Airport Dehradun.
If self-driving in Uttarakhand during Chardham
- Always keep your vehicle on left side of the Road.
- Use Horn at curves on hills, never overtake the overtaking vehicle.
- One should not drive more than 8 hours a day in hilly region.
- Avoid driving after sunset, as it is not allowed in hilly area of Uttarakhand.
- Use shoes instead of slippers while driving.
- Check your Brakes and Hand Brakes before starting journey.
- Check the Headlights, Break light and Parking lights of your vehicle.
- Always give way to uphill vehicles.
- Keep your vehicle's valid documents with you to avoid inconvenience.
- Before journey, make sure that fuel tank of your vehicle is full; in case of landslides you might have to take alternate long routes.
- Ensure to refuel, where ever easily you get chance, during season there might be long queues in Petrol Pumps at main stations.
- Carry first aid box with you.
- Do not drink and drive.
- In case of traffic jam, park your vehicle at the end of the queue. If you initiate a parallel queue, the traffic from other side might force you to drive in reverse gear, till you reach again at end of the original queue. And you may find it very difficult to drive long in reverse gear on a hilly road.
- Do not compete with local vehicles/drivers. They know the terrain very well.
Day 01: Reach Dehradun.
- Dehradun is the starting and ending point of this yatra. The first day of your journey shall be spent at Dehradun. We give our guests a complimentary stay( With No Meal ) on their arrival at Dehradun. This rest is much needed for them before they start their Chardham journey with us.
- Up on arrival, guests shall be checked-in to their rooms. In the evening, guests shall be briefed by our staff about the tour, and shall handover duffel bags to carry the luggage for their journey ahead. All contact details of our concerned personnel of each dham will also be shared with the passengers.
- Guests are required to shift only their necessary luggage in the duffel bags provided to them. They will not be allowed to carry their own luggage bags in the helicopters. Therefore, they are advised to keep only the most necessary items along with them.
- Rooms are booked on Twin Sharing basis.
- After a good day’s rest, guests will be fresh and ready to start their journey ahead.
Day 02: Dehradun-Yamunotri.
||Check out from Dehradun hotel
||Departure from Sahastradhara to Kharsali
||Arrival at Kharsali helipad
- This is officially the starting day of the Chardham yatra. Guests will be picked up from Hotel by 0515 hrs sharp, and taken to Sahastradhara helidrome. They should be ready to check out by 0500 hrs.
- Breakfast shall be served at Kharsali hotel, so that guests can leave their hotel early morning on time.
- Luggage of the guests shall be stored at the hotel, which shall be handed back to them at th end of their Chardham journey.
- Guests shall be briefed by the Ground crew at Sahastradhara, before we take-off for Kharsali.
- On arrival at Kharsali helipad, guests shall be checked-in to their resort, which is at walking distance from helipad. Guests can get refreshed for their journey ahead to the Yamunotri dham.
- After freshening up, they will start their trekking journey towards Yamunotri dham. Guests should be ready for the trek by 0700 hrs, so that they can get back to the hotel by lunch time. Hotel to temple is a 6 km trek, and return journey will take approx. 5hour 30 min.
- The trek will be done by Palki/Pony (as per availability and choice of the guests on additional payment basis). Generally, guests will reach hotel by afternoon 1400 hrs, where the lunch will be arranged. Rest of the day, guests may do as they like.
- All meals shall be arranged at the hotel for the guests. They should be ready on the following morning for early morning check-out from hotel.
Day 03: Yamunotri - Gangotri.
||Departure from kharsali
||Arrival at Harsil
- This day will be the beginning of your second dham of the yatra. Guests are required to get ready on time, by 0600 hrs. Breakfast shall be served at hotel early morning at 0530 hrs.
- Departure from Kharsali helipad will be by 0630 hrs, and the estimated time of arrival at Harsil will be 0700 hrs.
- Harsil – the heli base of your second Dham of the yatra, is one of the most beautiful and picturesque valleys in Uttarakhand, and also known as mini Switzerland.
- Guests will be first taken to Gangotri Dham for their darshan. The journey from Harsil to Gangotri temple will be done by road, which is approx. 22 km away. It will be around 50 minutes’ drive to the temple.
- After the darshan, which will take approx. 3 and a half hours. After having the VIP darshan, guests will be brought to hotel.
- After freshening-up, lunch shall be served at hotel. can have a leisure time at the hotel and enjoy the views. This day can be utilized to rejuvenate for the rest of the yatra.
Day 04: Gangotri - Kedarnath-Sersi/Phata.
||Check out from Harsil hotel
||Departure from Harsil
||Arrival at Sersi
- Guests will have to wake up for an early morning breakfast at the Harsil hotel. Following the breakfast, check-out will be done by 0630 hr for departure to Sersi.
- Departure from Harsil will be by 0700 hrs, and the estimated time of arrival at Sersi will be 0730 hrs. Up on arrival, passengers will change their helicopter, and will be taken to Kedarnath dham in shuttle service helicopter. There will be approximately 1 hours waiting time at the Sersi helipad.
- Helipad at Kedarnath is 500 meters away from the temple, and will take approx. 15 min to reach. On arrival at Kedarnath helipad, guests can go for darshan to Kedarnath dham. After darshan guests will be bring down from kedarnath to Sersi/ Phata where accommodation will be arranged for them. Next day Departure Sersi, will be 0800h.
Day 05: Sersi/Phata - Badrinath.
||Departure from Sersi
||Arrival at Badrinath
- Following the puja, guests will have to get freshened up fast to catch their flight from Sersi to Badrinath ji.
- Departure from Sersi for Badrinath ji will be by 0800 hrs. Estimated arrival time will be 0830 hrs.
- Up on arrival, passengers will be taken to Hotel for check-in. Breakfast shall be served to guests, in case they have not had it yet.
- Guests will spend the entire day at Badrinath ji(Trip to Mana can be added on additional charges basis ). In the evening or afternoon, VIP darshan at Badrinath temple shall be arranged for them.
- After darshan, guests may indulge in leisure activities as they like. All meals would be served at the Badrinath ji hotel.
- On the following morning, guests can take the Maha Abhishek Puja *(on additional payment basis) at around 0430 hrs if they want to. Hence, guests should be off to sleep well in time.
Day 06: Badrinath - Dehradun.
||Departure from Badrinath
||Arrival at Sahastradhara
- Passengers should be ready for breakfast by 0745 hrs.
- After breakfast, guests will report to the helipad for departure to Dehradun. By 0830 hrs, we will depart from Badrinath ji for Sahastradhara helidrome.
- Estimated time of arrival will be 0930 hrs at Sahastradhara. After arrival, guests will be taken to Dehradun hotel to collect their luggage.
- Following that, they shall be dropped to airport/railway station. In case passengers would like to spend a night at Dehradun, accommodation can be arranged by us, at additional cost.
- Guests must inform us at the time of booking, whether they will be heading straight to airport/railway station, or would like to be stay an additional night at the hotel in Dehradun. After their final transfer, they may continue their trip as they desire on their own. We shall bid farewell to the guests.
Important Guidelines and Policies
- This is a fixed departures tour, and all departure timings of each destination are fixed. Therefore, passengers must ensure they report as per the mentioned scheduled ETDs on each day of the tour.
- In respect of COVID-19, all necessary measures issued by the State & Central Governments would have to be adhered by the passengers. The measures shall be confirmed by our team to the passengers 02-03 weeks prior to the date of arrival. Without adhering to the prescribed measures/requirements, boarding would be denied without any refunds.
- Guests have to MANDATORILY submit their correct weights at the time of booking. If any change in weight found at the time of their travel from the submitted weights, which would exceed our aircraft’s weight carrying capacity, guest(s) would be deboarded & cancelled for the Heli-tour without any refund.
- Overweight charges would be charged to guests who are above 80 kg weight.The reason for the same is that we operate at very high-altitude terrain where the weight carrying capacity of the aircraft is only 440 kg. Hence, due to overweight passengers we lose seats in our Chardham fixed departure flights.
- Overweight charges are applicable at INR 1,000/kg, for the total weight above 80 kg/pax.
- Weighing at the time of boarding the helicopter is a must, since our team shall not allow boarding in case the total weight exceeds the weight limitation of the helicopter. &, due to the same reason, in case of more than 01 available aircraft,we reserve the right to shuffle passengers between helicopters to manage the right weight of helicopters for safe flying in the hills.
- Therefore, passengers travelling together might not be accommodated in the same helicopter flight.
- When planning your tour, we strongly advise the guests to keep one additional day at hand at Dehradun, over & above the 5N6D period, so that they do not end up in problem in case the weather gets very bad after the commencement of tour, which may lead to extension of the tour.
- Airport transfers will be provided only on the arrival day at Dehradun and on the 5th day of the tour.
- AADHAR & PAN Card copies are to be shared mandatorily by all Indians, & passport is required in case of foreign nationals.
- Network connectivity at Harsil & Badrinath is very poor. BSNL & Jio are the main telecom service providers, that work in these regions at times. It is most likely, that guests would be cut-off from the outside world during their time there. However, our crew shall be with the guests for any assistance required at all the Dhams.
- Guests would not be allowed to carry their suitcases/luggage in the aircraft. Duffle bags would be provided by our crew on the day of arrival, in which guests will be allowed to carry up to 05 kg of luggage during the tour.
- Hotels at all the Dhams are non-star category. However, We have carefully selected the most comfortable & highest rated properties for their Heli-tours.
Hotels to be Used:
- Dehradun: Lemon Tree, or similar (EP basis – Meals can be included at an additional cost).
- Kharsali: Kalindi Hill Top, or similar (AP basis).
- Harsil: Harsil Retreat, or similar (AP basis).
- Sersi: Ghughuti Resort, or similar (AP basis).
- Badrinath: Hotel Snowcrest, or similar (AP basis).
- Hotels & rooms are subject to sudden change at times, due to unavoidable circumstances.
- Rooms are booked on double sharing basis only.
- If any guest requires a single occupancy room, it shall be extra chargeable @ INR 30,000/person (tax inclusive). All temples in Chardham sector are located at a high altitude, & guests are advised to carry their own medication with them during travel. Guests are also advised to carry heavy woollen clothing with them, since during evenings & nights the temperature drops drastically.
- Maha Abhishek & Rudra Abhishek Puja’s confirmation needs to be provided by the guests at the time of booking. Payment for the same shall be collected by our crew at Dehradun, so that we can arrange the Puja for the guest prior to their arrival at Badrinath & Kedarnath.
- Flying in hills is subject to weather conditions. And in regards to our Chardham operations, we would like to bring to your kind attention that cancellations & other inconveniences due to weather are very much likely since weather is extremely unpredictable in the hills. Therefore, guests should come prepared to face the eventualities caused by weather problems. Further please note, in case of bad weather, we shall operate as per our policies mentioned in the ‘Terms & Conditions’ & ‘Important Guidelines & Policies’ sections.
Terms and Conditions
- Passengers have to mandatorily follow the government prescribed measures in regards to COVID-19. Without adhering to the same, boarding shall be denied by our company without any refunds.
- Our Heli Tours are not available for the following VIP’s:
- Speaker Lok Sabha
- Dy. Chairperson Rajya Sabha
- Central Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- C J I Supreme Court
- Governors of State
- Chief Ministers of State
- State Ministers of Cabinet Rank
- SPG Protectees – Z category only.
- Flying in hills are subject to many Force Majeure factors like delayed Air Traffic Clearances /Permissions, VVIP movements, valley flying by Indian Air Force (NOTAM), bad weather, sudden occurrence of technical snag in aircraft, illness of flying crew or late reporting of the guests at the helipads, among others.
- Our company shall not be liable for any medical emergency on the ground to the party. Therefore, in your own interest, guests are hereby advised to kindly consult a doctor and get medical check-up done before commencing the yatra. Medical check-up is mainly required if a guest has any medical ailment/condition. Any donations, tips, pitthu, palki/pony and porter charges shall be borne by the guests.
- Passengers travelling together may not travel in the same helicopter flight, as we may have to shuffle passengers in helicopter flights to manage the total weight of the aircraft.
- We reserves the right to cancel passengers, who are unruly, abusive, intoxicated, sick, mentally unfit or anyone else whom we deem to be unsafe to fly. No refund shall be done to such passenger(s).
- Guests are required to pay 100% of the additional charges before the commencement of tour. Passengers would not be allowed to board or commence the tour, without paying the full and final payable amount.
CARRIAGE BY AIR ACT, 1972
The carriage is subject to our company regulations relating to the conditions of Non-International Carriage (Passenger and Baggage) framed in accordance with The Carriage by Air Act, 1972 and Notification regarding application of the carriage which is non- international. The liability of the company for damage sustained in the event of the death or wounding of a passenger or any other bodily injury suffered by passenger or by his registered baggage during the course of carriage by air will be governed by the provisions of sections 4,5,6 and the rules contained in the second Schedule of Carriage by Air Act 1972 with certain exceptions, adaptations, modifications, etc as notified in the Govt. of India, Ministry of Civil Aviation Notification and as amended from time to time.
- No Aerial Photopgraphy: Aerial Photography from Helicopter is illegal and punishable by law and photography at the helipad is strictly prohibited.
- Infants: Infant below 2 years/12kg are carried free of charge. In case of verification of age, ID proof/birth certificate of the child shall be checked.
- Baggage Allowance: Only one handbag weighing a maximum of 5 kgs is allowed per passenger.
- Helicopter Weight Limtation: Passengers would be taken on board depending up on the load and temperature conditions. Pilots call will be final. Maximum weight capacity of the helicopter is 440 kg (excluding baggage weight) at these destinations. All passengers on board must be within this limit. Hence, passengers are advised to provide us their exact weights at the time of booking and carry baggage within the permissible limit.
- Seating Capacity: The maximum seating capacity for our helicopters is 06 passengers + 01 Crew.
- Disputes: Disputes as to legality, interpretation, application or performance of service or any of its terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Delhi Jurisdiction.
The booking has to be done in advance with a deposit of 50% of the total amount. Balance payment has to be deposited at least 14 days prior to the date of arrival at Dehradun.
Rescheduling of Booking:
Rescheduling your travel date to any future or prior date, will be done subject to availability and on payment of 10% of the total tour cost. This will be permitted only if informed at least 07 days before arrival date. In case the rescheduling is requested in less than 07 days prior to the arrival, then the booking would be treated as cancelled and a fresh booking will be given subject to availability.
If passengers wish to cancel their booking, following refund policy shall be applicable:
- More than 15 days before the departure date - 70% of total tour cost will be refunded.
- Between 08th to 15th day before departure date - 50% of total tour cost will be refunded.
- Up to 07th day before the departure date - No Refund.
- No show - No Refund.
- Cancellation after commencement of Tour - No Refund.
Force Majeure/Bad Weather Refunds:
- Tour Cost: 25% of total tour base price per unutilized travel sector, minus INR 20,000 per person per sector toward the flight preparation and ground arrangement charges.
- Additional Services: Deduction of any additional services provided at any of the Dhams during the tour of the guests will be deducted over & above the refundable Tour Cost.
Refund against any unutilized service would not be calculated separately and be added to the refundable amount. We pays retention charges to all the vendors at each of the Dham, in case of non-usage of services.
Bad Weather/Force Majeure Situations Policy:
- In case passengers are not able to reach Dehradun due to any international/national/state emergency, 100% refund of the total tour cost shall be done by our company without any levy of charge.
- Where bad weather, technical snags or any force majeure reason beyond control results in the cancellation of your flight being delayed or cancelled, Our Company will not be liable in any way for the cancelled or delayed flight. However, refund will be given to clients as per our refunds policy. Any kind of inconvenience caused because of cancellation of flights is beyond the control of the operator. No compensation or reimbursement for accommodation, transportation, meals or any other travel expenses done by the guests shall be offered in the event of cancellation of a flight.
- After commencement of tour, if the aircraft has to return mid-way due to weather/force majeure conditions, guests will be charged for the flying time of the sector getting cancelled @ INR 1,00,000/hr plus GST, over & above the additional services rendered to the guest.
- New Chardham passenger(s) scheduled for departure from Dehradun on any respective travel date shall be our top priority, over the back-log passenger(s) of previous days(s).
- Our obligation toward this tour is up to the 4N5D period of your Chardham yatra. Under no circumstance, our team shall increase the 4N5D period for the guests, since we have advance bookings every day, hence carry forward of passengers will not be possible. In the mentioned period, Our Company shall try to cover maximum Dhams for the guests that is possible, subject to weather conditions and other operational barriers.
- Additional night halt charges shall be payable by the guests to hotel on direct payment basis, who continue to stay in the hotel accommodation arranged by our crew during the bad weather day halts.
- Dehradun night stay is only a complimentary stay provided by us. The actual flying commences from day 02 of the tour.
- In case for 05 straight days there is no flying due to any force majeure reason, guests will be given full refund toward the Heli-tour booking, minus the flight preparation charges (as per the cancellation/refunds policy).
- We shall try to cover the maximum Dhams possible for the guests in the 4N5D tour period, in case any force majeure disturbance occurs. And, for the unutilized Chardham sectors, guests would be given refund as per our refunds policy.
- Our Company shall not fly to Harsil after 1200 hrs, under any circumstance, due to turbulent wind conditions.
- In case force majeure disturbance pertains remains for most part of the day, we shall plan the flights in the best possible way, subject to the remaining time-at-hand during the day, the operational restrictions and the weather forecast/conditions on the respective date. Planning of flights is as per the sole discretion of our crew.
- We shall solely decide the planning of flights for the Chardham groups, since we have to cater for multiple number of groups, that are stranded at each Dham in case of Bad weather/Force Majeure situation.
- No additional ferry flights shall be borne by us under any circumstance. If any passenger(s) require ferry flights to be operated for them in emergency on personal request, cost for the same shall be charged to the party @ INR 1,00,000/hr plus GST.
- In regards to the guests stranded at Kharsali/Harsil/Kedarnath/Badrinath, if any group requests to cancel their tour on their own desire and come down before their scheduled return date, the arrangement of vehicle for their return journey by road shall be done by us, however, cost for the same shall be borne by the guests on direct payment basis. No refunds are applicable in case guests wish to cancel & return mid-tour.
- Any increase in government levied taxes/royalties after the confirmation of booking, would be extra chargeable to the guests. Payment of any increase in government levy will be mandatory before the commencement of tour.
- Bookings will be taken, considering there is acceptance of the above-mentioned terms & conditions by the party.