- On 01 December 2018
- By Trekveda
Chadar is not meant for Mass Tourism. It is fragile and precious. Chadar has limited carrying capacity and mass tourist treks cannot be operated as it is a threat to the flora, fauna, and ecology at large.
In recent cases of casualty at Chadar, the District Administration and ALTOA decided safety measures- such as Medical Check-up, Insurance, and Medical Rescue Centre. We will have single window clearance system at the TIC, Leh (Tourist Information Centre) opposite J&K Bank, Leh.
Medical Insurance is mandatory for all trekkers, foreign and domestic.
Pre-medical check up will also be mandatory for all the trekkers before the trek.
- Mandatory 3 nights stay in Leh on Arrival for Rest and Acclimatisation.
- Day 3 Get Medical, Insurance, Wildlife Permit and ALTOA NOC.
- Persons found Medically unfit will not be issued Clearance.
- Anyone found in violation of these rules will attract strict measures from the District Administration.
Wildlife Department Fee Structure:
- Wildlife Department permit @ Rs. 2,200/- for Foreigners.
- Wildlife Department permit @ Rs. 2,000/- for Indians.
- NO fee will be levied for Guides/ Cooks / Porter - Wildlife Dept issued a circular in this regard.
- ALTOA will provide Adventure Insurance and Medical Check-up at Leh @ Rs. 3,000/- PP.
ALTOA order copies are as follows:
Note: We are trying that trek will cover in the same 9 days but please be ready for any changes in itinerary of Chadar trek after these important update from District Administration and ALTOA. We will update the itinerary if any changes will be done.